February 23, 2012

#MakesMeSMH - Incidents at work

Going to work at FT became more of a chore on what dramatic incident was going to happen than actually the work itself.  The work at FT wasn't an issue or even difficult to do, all it entailed was putting in headphones, typing alpha-numeric at the RV office then eventually when they moved me down to Menands typing numbers for eight plus hours a day.


One of the rules in the FT employee handbook that is the biggest issue at FT would be talking about things that happened at FT outside of FT, not the work related thing either but what actually happened at FT.  Do not talk about other employees or anything that happens at FT to anybody else, this would get you fired on the spot if ever caught doing such a thing.  There is a reason for this and it has nothing to do with confidentiality when it comes to the HIPPA laws because of the sensitive material that people dealt with.  It was a whole other issue, Dick did not want people to start finding out what was going on behind those walls and forcing employees to sign a contract is one way of him trying to stop it.

This one male employee, Matt, told me that he was written up for telling somebody, who wasn't even a FT employee, outside of the RV building one evening while waiting for his bus to get home on how to go about getting a 55B with the state.  The next day Matt said they wrote him up because of some weird thing, it can be guaranteed that they did not put on that write up, because you were standing outside of work after work hours talking about a 55B with a non employee.  I thought it was an odd reason to write somebody up and did not even believe him when he told that story.  It did not even sound like a legal or legitimate reason to write somebody up, sounded bizarre, but now I believe him.   Of course now they have this crazy write up in his personal file, low and behold, when the day they need it for something to use against Matt that write up will appear along with a separate note about something that probably never even happened.



While at the RV office, during the last few weeks things would get really strange and all that could be done was try to ignore the craziness.  There were days that I knew something was going to happen, this was usually a day or two before such an incident occurred.  The way other employees and managers were acting around me was the biggest indication that some weird plot was being planned.  I know it sounds strange, outlandish and a few of these tails are going to give readers different impressions of me and the employees at FT.  What does it matter at this point now anyways, it's not as if the reason for me writing this is to get some kind of money from a lawsuit.  A lawsuit hasn't even been put into motion if there is such a thing as one over these incidents at FT.  The idea of telling this story is that if something odd happens again at FT, the chances of that are pretty good, and an employee comes forward with something similarly strange, not necessarily the same one as mine but a crazy enough as to where somebody will look into it.


To end this post, here is one of the many crazy things that happened while I was still working at the RV office:

On the day after Columbus day the RV building had reset their electricity causing everything to shut down for about thirty seconds.  After the lights went out and came back on, one of the managers, Mick, came out and told everybody to sit tight, Mick next told everybody to shut down our computers while they rebooted the servers.  After about ten minutes of waiting for the servers to reboot I made a comment about wanting to go to the restroom.  Rachel, the manager that sat behind me, yelled out, "Don't hide out!"  My comment was, "What do you mean don't hide out?" Where am I going to hide out?"  I than made a joke of it and said something about standing on the toilet so that nobody could see my feet under the door.  Although Rachel's comment did bother me a great deal while leaving and coming back I made a point of letting everybody know my presence.

After the servers booted up, upon opening up my work and starting where I had left off, on number six hundred something out of seven hundred fifty documents.  Although, each time I tried to enter the information into a document and try to go to the next document an error would pop-up that it could not be saved.  Britney, the other manager, came down the isle and told everybody to go to lunch early and the documents should then work when we came back.  Swiping out, getting my money and going to the nearby cafe for some food when I came back to eat in the break-room, everybody was working.  None of the other employees had left for lunch except for myself and one other woman who sat nearby.

Thinking to myself that it was rather strange to have, besides just me, only one other person go to lunch and nobody else, going to Rachel I told her since only being gone for fifteen minutes it made more sense to save the lunch for my usual twelve thirty.  Instead using that fifteen minutes for my second break and just not taking my afternoon break, swiping back in and going back to work only gave the same error.  Deciding to just restart everything, all the work was gone, as if none of it was ever done.  Turning around to Rachel behind me and letting her know what happened, Rachel just told me to start over.  Instead of it taking me an hour and a half to index seven hundred fifty documents, in one box, it took me three hours to finish that box that day.  Later that afternoon after finishing that box and starting a new one, I went to use the restroom.  On my way back to the work area to finish indexing the IT Tech guy stepped in front of me, got into my face and gave me a dirty look.

To this very day, what ever the reason for that entire situation is still unclear, mainly because nobody tells you what is going on.  The managers just do odd things to you, than accuse you of being paranoid.  It should be assumed then that Dick hires only employees that are paranoid because it seems as if every one of the employees at FT are paranoid and all of this is just in their minds.
Post a Comment

My Blog List