February 27, 2012

#IamGratefulFor - Knowing how to survive



Survival is amazing the way every living thing learns how to survive to its surrounding, plants and animals.

Having to struggle all of my life learning how to survive became essential to me, whether it was for food, housing or simply a way to get from one place to another, it has been figured it out on my own and have always been able survive using natural instincts.  Intelligence has played a big hand in how my survive skills come into pay as well and that is just having the knowledge of knowing how to take a few dollars and make it stretch.

This blog is one source of income, even if it isn't much money it is something earned whenever so many visitors view one of my three blogs or click on a Google Advertisement.  Other things that people may ask of me is to fix their computer or clean their house for a few bucks and I will when things are tight.  Over the weekend a friend called and asked me to fix their PC because they had a virus, it was an easy twenty bucks.

Earlier in the afternoon today a temporary agency that I worked for before working for FT called me with an assignment, being very short term and not a great amount per hour, the gratefulness for having something is what counts until things pull through fincially.  After they called I had to get the ball rolling, wash clothes, pick up something to eat for lunch and buy a bus pass, all with that twenty dollars earned from fixing a computer over the weekend.  That is where those knowing how to get through a tough time comes in just simply knowing how to make twenty dollars spend as if it were thirty.

Most people from upstate New York, Massachuttes and Vermont know about Price Chopper's fuel advantage, upstate New York that fuel advantage savings can be used towards the price of a CDTA bus pass.  Every ten cents off for a gallon of gas is two dollars off for a bus pass until the gas savings reaches two dollars off per gallon.  That is a total of forty dollars off a bus pass meaning a fifty five dollar bus pass will cost you fifteen dollars.  In my case since there was only sixty cents off per gallon of gas (twelve dollars off a bus pass) and having limited money the only option was to buy a ten ride pass for thirteen dollars, which actually cost me only one dollar.  For twenty dollars I bought, a pound of coffee, two bags of salad shrimp, a bag of rice and washed three loads of laundry.  Of course that did not include drying the laundry, it was either the coffee or dry my clothes but at least my apartment smells quite nice at the moment from the Downy.

After arriving home and hanging the clean wet clothes around the apartment, I went into my email and began filling out the forms needed for the two thousand twelve tax information and direct deposit forms needed by the temporary agency.  Upon getting to the direct deposit forms, needing my account information, I proceded to log into the MyGreenDot  website to retrieve the routing and account number so that the agency could do direct deposit.  Talk about things happening in threes, there was my money from Google for my blogs, talk about being happy!

So things are okay right now, of course money is still tight, although, being grateful for knowing how to survive is such a big factor in my daily routine.  It sucks having to go through this struggling all over again, not something that was on my personal agenda.  All I really wanted was just to work, earn an income and sure move ahead in my career.  All of that was taken away for some unclear reason, but God has a plan.  There is a reason for everything though and putting up a fight with the unemployment might just be that nitch needed to get ahead.

Being tired of watching people get screwed over and over again because they do not feel like putting up a fight for the right thing.  That is also the same thing I have been doing my entire life, just letting people walk over me because of their own greed and selfishness.  Maybe this fight will take a few years but it is my fight for now and giving up is not an option.  After working as hard as I did for the last nine months, some guy in a suit isn't going to take that away from me so they can have money to add to their "Dick is wonderful" fund.
Post a Comment

My Blog List