February 19, 2012

Why is frustration eating away at me?

Feeling so frustrated today and those little things are irritating me to no avail.  Adding the gadgets to my blogs helped to make me feel a little better.  Watching that little twitter bird flying around just tickles me pink.

There is this animal that has been living in the ceiling of the apartment for the past two winters I have lived here.  It probably is an obese squirrel, hopefully, by the way it gallops heavily around in the ceiling, which is between the second and third floor.  The thought of accepting that it could be anything else is just disturbing and that damn animal is just so loud.

In the morning, usually about ten, it comes back in from the outside and starts gnawing on a wooden beam of some sort for about an hour than the obese squirrel goes back outside.  Next, every evening around dusk, the obese squirrel returns and continues where it left off and gnaws on that same beam for the last hour before dusk.  The obese squirrel next just runs back and forth for an hour to the point where I want to take a little ball of rat poison wrapped in peanut butter and slip it up there.  The only thing that is stopping me from doing such a thing is the thought of it dying up there than decomposing.  Sometimes I'll poke the ceiling tile and try to scare the crap out of it by hitting the same tile it runs across.  Usually the obese squirrel is to quick and I'll miss, yet every now and than luck will be on my side while the sucker is running over the same tile that I poke making it fly in the air a bit, you can hear it kind of thump back onto the tile when this happens, and that seems to do the trick.  I have tried vacuuming the ceiling, that doesn't seem to bother the obese squirrel much so the next time sticking the vacuum hose into the ceiling and just letting it run for that last hour of dusk should make the pest drop little poopy pellets.

Earlier this evening, while lying on the couch, the obese squirrel started doing it's nightly trek of running back and forth.  I grabbed a sweater near me on the couch and began throwing it up at the ceiling as the obese squirrel ran by.  Suddenly feeling a piece of paper in the sweater pocket and immediately knowing what that piece of paper entailed, I grabbed it out of the sweater pocket and sure enough it was that damn paper that I had searched all over for.

Back in November, a few days before Veterans day, I had requested to come in late because where the city here has no buses running on major holidays and Sundays.  So to get to work on veterans day walking to the next city over was the only option, otherwise, paying twenty bucks for a cab wasn't going to happen.   The day the request to come in late was put in, was also low and behold, November eighth, when one of those mysterious notes appeared in the labor department file.  The note was from the female manager that was, at the time, training me for that series of indexing and what it says is:



So that must mean if a FT employee needs to find something, asking a manger is not the correct thing to do because that is a non-work related question.  In my statement to the administrative law judge comments were made about that day, you can read it by clicking here.  That same day my production was also incorrectly twenty percentage lower than it should have been, that is if it is legal to add lunches and breaks into the production reports.  I wish somebody could tell me if the following are something to argue in my next statement as follows:


  • If my last day of work was 12/16/11 and the email was sent on 12/18/11 and my discharge was on 12/19/11 and I never clocked in or sat down to work but was sent right home, does the email on 12/18/11 still count?  I did get a Paid Time Off, which is actually not supposed to happen, the employee handbook says that upon leaving FT, as an employee, all PTO is lost.
  • If I was denied unemployment for one reason, can the employer produce new reasons after I appeal the decision the first time?  Those notes were never mentioned to me during the original phone interview  with the unemployment representative.
  • Does my employer have to give me copies of the write up?
  • Does my employer have to state a reason on the write up?
  • Can a separate handwritten note be considered valid evidence, especially if it wasn't submitted originally?
  • Can a write-up still be considered good if somebody makes a change on it and initials the write-up without my knowledge, after I signed the write-up?
  • Legal websites about unemployment mention not to go into a tangent in your original statement about why you were denied but stick to the facts.  What if the statement was based on issues added to the file that had nothing to do with the original reason why I was denied in the first place?
If somebody knows any of the answers to these, please just leave a comment or email me? 
Post a Comment

My Blog List