October 28, 2010

Elizabeth's miscellaneous topics: Captain Mathew Stamford, needs help with $2,000,000 to be moved in Afghanistan - Watch the Scam play out (PART 5)

Well readers, here is the long awaited email asking for money. Our scammer is trying to get 535 pounds, that is about $852 american dollars in case you were not sure. So I responded with the bait, see below:

2010/10/28 John Ruggie

























UNITED NATIONS DIPLOMATIC UNIT
3, WHITEHALL COURT
LONDON, SW1A 2EL
UNITED KINGDOM
Attention: Elizabeth Nesbitt, receiver's name has been verified however, we have observed that there is no evidence of a special military diplomatic delivery tag (SMDDT) assigned to be on the consignments. Without this tag, my office will not secure the release of the items to the delivery address for security reasons.
We therefore advice that you contact the USA Military Base in Afghanistan; informing them of this development.
In the event that you are unable to secure the tag, our legal department would secure it on your behalf however, you would be required to make a payment of 535.00 british pounds to the Finance Unit of the UN.
The tag also enables us process the delivery to you even without a valid form of identification
You will have 3 working days to provide this sum or the tag to avoid demurrage on your items which will attract a fee of 2 british pounds per day.
Be assured that once both consignments have been legally tagged my office will give approval for delivery to your designated address within 48 hours after payment.

Regards,
John Ruggie
UN London
Tel: +447024061589
Fax: +4484477418121
Confidential Communication: Emails from this sender contain confidential and privileged material and are for the sole use of the intended recipient. Use or distribution by an unintended recipient is prohibited and may be a violation of law. This communication and all attachments are confidential, in anticipation of litigation or in furtherance of litigation.

Dear Mr. Ruggie,

I am a bit confused, how am I supposed to get the money to you? You say you need 535 pounds (approx. $852.00 us dollars), but you do not explain how I am to get this money to you. Do I mail it to the above address?

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Nesbitt

Than I decided to have even a little more fun and sent our scammer an email via his fake Captain Stamford email address.

Dear Captain Stamford,
I received an email from John Ruggie stating that he needs 535 pounds ($852 us dollars) before delivering the two packages. I am unsure how to send this money since he did not supply an address. I was just wondering if there was any way that you could take my share of the money from one of the boxes so that you could pay Mr. Ruggie. Otherwise, would it be safer that I send you the money so that we can be assured that he gets it?
Please respond A.S.A.P, for he says I have three days or it will cost me 2 pounds a day.
Sincerely,
Elizabeth Nesbitt

Now lets just see what happens, since the emails are obviously scripted this should be the first conversation that I will have with our scammer. I am hoping to get an address because what I do plan on sending is going to be quite comical, but you have to stay tuned to see just what that will be.

Click to read past correspondences with the fake Captain Matthew Stamford:
Part 8
Post a Comment

My Blog List